you have no power over me.
you’ve held me captive much too long
you were my master and i your slave
you even tried to take me to my grave
the scales have fallen off my eyes
perfect love found me
now i know you are just a wanna be
in the presence of love you flee
i have power over you
love has destroyed every yoke
victory is mine i am free
i have power over fear
- My first reaction was to say there is no way I am that damn afraid. But when I think about all that I have accomplished since I decided to not let pain win I have to stop and see if there might be some truth in that.
I realized I was going to hurt whether I lay in bed, cry and continue on with the vicious cycle of depression because I have pain 24/7 or I could get out of bed and keep moving.
People around me try to get me to be still and say I am doing too much, but they don’t understand that when I be still I am focused on the pain but movement allows me to transcend the pain. It never goes away. I just have days that are better than others.
There may be some truth to pain is fear leaving. All of 2012 I have been in therapy dealing with the fear of PAIN. I was living with the fear of psychological and physical pain. My quality of life was affected because I feared doing anything that would result in me being in unbearable pain.
I was afraid to allow the memories and flashbacks to surface because I thought I could not endure the overwhelming feelings of shame and heartbreak. Along with the memories my body would hurt in direct proportion to area of my body that was being harmed in my memory. I actually felt a release of painful energy. I felt lighter more free, less afraid.
I know beyond a shadow of doubt that one of the biggest reasons I have Fibromyalgia is because my flight or fight response is stuck to ON. That means I have been living in a state of tension/terror all my life and this has caused me to tense all my muscles and now I am telling my muscles to relax and that is not my natural state. I do not know how to relax. Therein lies my problem. Even my brain has been wired abnormally but that is being changed every time I get out of bed and “Keep it Moving”
- Fibromyalgia and the Fear of Chronic Pain (everydayhealth.com)
- The Mental War against Fibromyalgia (painfighter.wordpress.com)
- Quieting Chronic Pain (massageenvy.com)
- Emotional Causes of Disease (youwerebornthatway.com)
- Fibromyalgia’s Invisible Face (painfighter.wordpress.com)
- Pain Robs You of Everything (bartogirl.com)